ISI Inspection 2017 - It's Official... We're EXCELLENT!
Brabyns was inspected by the Independent School Inspectorate (ISI) in June 2017.
In our whole-school educational quality inspection we were awarded the grade of “EXCELLENT” in all areas. This is the highest grade a school can be awarded under the ISI Inspection scheme. ISI Inspectors operate under the Ofsted framework, approved by the Department for Education.
Key findings summarise that:
- "The quality of the pupils' academic and other achievements is excellent."
- "All pupils...make excellent academic progress."
- "Pupils in all age groups confidently rise to the challenges presented by teachers."
- "Pupils are consistently enthusiastic about their teachers and their enjoyment of lessons."
- "Pupils’ communication skills are particularly well developed."
- "Teachers...maintain a calm environment where all pupils can flourish."
- "Pupils respond to the school's rich curricular and extra-curricular offerings with enthusiasm."
- "Pupils' achievement is excellent due to the school aspiring to high standards."
- "Staff are conscientious and committed to helping pupils achieve their best."
- "Parents work in very close partnership with the school to support their children's achievement."
- "The quality of the pupils' personal development is excellent."
- "Pupils display excellent self-discipline and resilience, combined with an exuberant passion for improving their own learning."
- "Pupils feel they have a real say in the life of the School and a tangible ethos of pupil pride is present."
- "The social development of the pupils is outstanding."
- "The pupils demonstrate a high degree of kindness to others...guided by the school’s caring ethos which values every individual."
- "Pupils feel safe, enjoying the sense of trust and security which pervades the School."
To read a copy of the full EQI report, please click here.
The School also passed a Focused Compliance Inspection. Here we met the standards in the schedule to the Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014, relevant requirements of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation stage , and associated requirements, with no further action required as a result of the inspection. To read a copy of the full FQI report, please click here.
"I just took the time to read through both of these reports on a long flight, and wanted to congratulate you and your staff. And of course the children! This is really well-deserved, and we're very pleased that what we see every day is reflected in the report." Current Parent
Key findings from our Early Years ISI Inspection, September 2014
To read a copy of the report, please click here.